Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Modern Day Scrapbook

Hi!  Welcome to my very small corner of the internet. 

I’m Taylor.

For as long as I can remember, I have loved being able to express myself through writing.  I'm talking actual pen to paper, hand-cramping writing. Whether it be a diary in 4th grade where most entires began with “Taylor loves _____” written in pink swirly letters, a journal in high school complaining about my parents, or a Facebook post about my sweet boys in today’s world, I’ve always had a habit of jotting down random thoughts about my life. Sadly, this ritual of mine came to a shrieking halt about 3 years ago when my first son was born and I was thrown into motherhood.  I had no idea what I was doing.  I barely had time to wash my hair, let alone put pen to paper and write about diaper genies and baby spit up.  Because let’s be honest, when a new mom has time on her hands, she sleeps.  Or she watches The Real Housewives. 

For months I have had the desire and very good intention of buying a big beautiful journal full of empty pages and a pack of expensive acid-free pens. I keep meaning to sit down with my favorite mug filled with coffee and just write.  Write about my life.  Write about my kids, my husband, my family. Write about my travels, my habits (both good and bad) and my hope for this life.  Write about everything, write about nothing.

After quite some time of denial, I have come to terms with the fact that my visions of beautiful cursive handwriting in yummy smelling leather bound books will never come to fruition.  I don’t have hours upon end to make those dreams a reality.  BUT…I do have a Macbook.  And quick typing fingers.  I finally decided that the best way to record and document my life and my children’s life as of now would be through a blog. This blog.  I mean this is 2015…by the time my kids are old enough to be curious about my life (…if they ever are, this may be wishful thinking) the pages of handwritten journals could be faded, torn, or thrown away.  The internet though, my friends, shall last forever…right? 

My hope for this new endeavor is that one day this blog will act as a type of scrapbook for this season of my family’s life.  I may never have faithful readers, surely there will be times that my mom is the only one who visits this page, but the thought of one day far from now having lots of precious memories somewhere online that can be accessible to my kids makes my heart happy.


I hope to see you back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment