Friday, January 30, 2015

TGIF!

It's Friday and we are home sweet home from our little getaway to Nana's house.  We spent a week with my family and as always, made lots of sweet memories.  The week started out great, but Rowan got sick the day before we left and he is still kind of recovering.  It's times like those I'm thankful to have my mama around!

Here are some highlights of our trip:


As you can see, my mom's first grandchild makes herself right at home as soon as we arrive.


I love going through old photographs! I found this little gem of my sister and me with Uncle Jessie.


Crew loved the warm San Antonio weather! It was tough coming back to cold and windy West Texas!


Whoever had the idea to put a playground in the middle of the mall should have won the Nobel prize.




Rowan and my 90 year old Granddaddy bonding over some serious Mario and Luigi.


It wouldn't be a trip home without a visit to my favorite mexican restaurant.  Shout out to El Chaparral!  We used to go every weekend when I was a kid. Back then it was just a tiny hole in the wall...now they have 3 beautiful locations scattered around the city.  If you ever visit San Antonio make sure to stop by for Valerie's Special and an El Jefe' margarita!


No room for mommy.  I don't get much sleep when we go on overnight trips.  My boys tend to only sleep well in their own beds.  Thank God they make a big pot of coffee every morning.




Sweet brothers holding hands on our drive home. 


We had a great time, but it was so nice to get back to Denver City.  There really is no place like home.  I officially declared today a pajama day at our house.  I caught up on laundry, meal planned, and binge watched The Bachelor.

Have a great weekend! 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment