Monday, February 23, 2015

Crew

When Rowan was born, Derek and I agreed that we would wait until he was at least five years old to have another baby.  This sounded like the perfect plan...until I was hit by the semi-truck otherwise known as baby fever two years later.  I somehow convinced my unsure husband that my new plan made sense, and a few months later we were expecting again.

Let me just say that being pregnant the second time around is a WHOLE different experience.  My two year old, although sweet, didn't care how I felt and he didn't let me punch the clock for a daily nap.  He's kind of a tough boss. =)  It was exhausting and awesome all at the same time. One of the things I'll remember most about this pregnancy was how much weight I gained.  I was starving all. the. time.  My doctor would scold me (nicely) at almost every appointment. I would leave his office, call my mom, and cry my eyes out! It's funny now, but was so upsetting at the time!  Once when I was just entering my third trimester, my OB started the weight talk once again and I burst into tears.  He hugged me, and then told me he would never mention it again.  And he didn't. Thank the Lord.  I left that appointment and headed straight to Sonic for a chocolate malt. 

After a loooonng labor, Crew came into the world on July 2nd, 2014 with his eyes wide open.  He is sweet, smiley, beautiful, and everything that a baby should be. 



Because he is our last baby, I have really tried to soak in having a little one in our home again.  The baby laughs and cuddles don't last long so I am appreciating every minute.  
Or trying to.  I appreciate it a little more now that Crew sleeps through the night...
Sleep deprivation is a real thing, y'all.  



A few things about the smallest Stephens boy:

This little guy is a monkey.  He went straight from crawling to climbing. If he needs something, he will figure a way to get it. 

He adores Rowan and watches his every move.

Crew is a great eater! His favorite foods are squash, sweet potatoes, and peas.

He loves music! He uses his hands to drum on things and instantly calms down when daddy plays the guitar.

He isn't a good shopping buddy. At all.

Crew Robert is named after his great-grandddaddy, Robert Summers. 

He sleeps best in his own bed.  Getting him to sleep anywhere else is a nightmare.

During my c-section, my doctors rocked out to Aerosmith while I nearly puked of nervousness. Men...

Our sweet boy ready to come home from the hospital on July 4th!



Crew is the perfect addition to our family.  It is hard to imagine life before him.  I can't wait to see who this precious angel grows up to be.  





No comments:

Post a Comment