Sunday, February 15, 2015

Rowan

Since I started this blog to act as a type of memory book for my family and me, I decided to spend some time writing about each of my kiddos, and what they are up to in this stage of their lives. I want to remember all the tiny things that are part of our day-to-day so that when they are older I can look back and cry crocodile tears all over my computer while reading this.  Just kidding....kind of.

My little Rowan Jack made me a mommy on June 10th, 2011.  He was a little stubborn right off the bat, and didn't join us until after 32 hours of labor.  Oh the joys.

But let's not focus on that experience.  Let's focus on this little guy.



Rowan's favorite thing in the universe right now is his collection of little 3-inch tall superhero figurines.  He has quite the ensemble in his cast of characters.  Superman, Spiderman, Batman, Hulk, you name it...he has it.  In fact he has superheroes that I have never heard of. He knows their names, their enemy's names, their mode of transportation...he is quite the expert. I love this stage of his life.  It's precious to see him put them in scenarios and talk to each other about saving the day.  
I know I'm a biased mama, but this kid is smart.  



Row is a PICKY, horrible, no good eater.  We've struggled with his eating habits since he started solids at 6 months old.  He's just not a fan of food, which is confusing since he is directly related to me.  He likes a handful of things and will NEVER agree to trying new foods.  He does however have a mild addiction to chocolate milk.  I swear he would live off it if I let him.  This whole food thing is a stressful topic for me, as I tend to blame myself and think that maybe somewhere down the line I did something wrong.  Our pediatrician tells me not to worry, that his weight percentile is low but he's not underweight.  His advice was to let him eat whatever he wants when he wants it, to keep offering him meals and snacks, give him a daily multi-vitamin, and to buy him all the milkshakes he desires.
I wish my doctor would recommend the same for me...



Rowan attends a Christian based preschool twice a week here in Denver City.  He really loves it (once he recovers from mommy and Crew leaving him each morning) and has learned a lot.  His little school has been a blessing to us.  He's made friends,  adapted to being in a classroom type setting, and has learned a lot about Jesus.  Rowan is a bit of a homebody and definitely a mama's boy...and as much as I love having him with me all day, this little break twice a week has been good for both of us. 

This little guy blows all of us away with his vocabulary.  He uses the biggest words and says the funniest things. He is smart, insightful, sensitive, and loving.  He tells all of us everyday how much he loves us, thanks us 20 times for a toy that we've bought him, loves family bear hugs, and is the best big brother of all time.



Random Facts About Rowan Jack:
He loves watching YouTube toy reviews on his iPad (weird, I know...)
His favorite songs are Katy Perry's "Eye of the Tiger" and Taylor Swift's "Shake it Off."
His favorite part of the day is when Daddy comes home from work.
He would spend all day being pushed on his swingset if it were possible.
His favorite TV shows are Paw Patrol, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and Doc McStuffins.
His Nana, his cousin Reid, and his brothers and sister are his favorite people on earth.
He has a habit of crawling into our bed at around 4:00 a.m. a couple nights a week.
 He LOVES Target.  This is how I know he is in fact my child.
He is left handed.
He can throw a ball further than most third graders. Seriously.
He uses perfect grammar (most of the time.)
He is extremely cautious, and always has been.  He is scared of heights.




I could go into mega mom mode and brag about my biggest boy all day long, but I'll spare you and just say that Rowan has such a special place in my heart.  For three years he was my only little teammate, and we did everything together while daddy was working. Now that we have added his little brother to the mix, we have had to do some adjusting, but neither of us would have it any other way.  Our family is complete.  



More about Baby Crew next week...





No comments:

Post a Comment