Winter Must Haves
Growing up in San Antonio, we survived the "winters" with long sleeve shirts and the occasional hoodie. The entire city seemed to close down when it dropped below 32 degrees, everyone suddenly lost the ability to operate a motor vehicle, and I don't think we'd seen snow since 1984.
My little snow bunny!
Well, we're not in Kansas anymore, Toto. This is West Texas and this San Antonian LOVES having an actual winter. I enjoy everything about it. The jackets, the school closures, the SNOW. Mostly I just like getting to add an entire new chapter to my wardrobe every year that includes boots, jackets, boots, scarves, boots, and hats. And boots. I love boots. Anyway, here are some things I've depended on this winter (even though it's been pretty mild so far) to get me through...
I am loving this pea coat for the cold (but not rainy) days. This coat was seriously $38 (on sale) and really good quality. I got sick of normal pea coats, but this one has a bit of an oversized collar which makes it young and cool looking. I'm not young or cool, but I like to pretend I am. You know. It comes in there different colors, but I have hunter green.
You GUYS, this stuff is awesome. I bought one at the Sephora counter about 12 years ago and I haven't left home without it since. I love this product for my lips, but it can be used for any dry areas of your body. I like to put it on my cuticles before bed. It is a must have for winter!
While we're on the topic of roses, I HAVE to mention this stuff. It's like little drops of heaven in a spray bottle. For seven bucks. It's great as a setting spray, or to just spritz on your face in the morning. I use it before my moisturizer every night, and before my workouts each morning. I swear you'll love this stuff. It smells amazing, and for only seven dollars, you can't go wrong.
I am such a fan of Sam Edelman's shoes. They are so cute and more importantly, so SO comfortable. My mom used to buy Bjorn shoes because of how comfortable they were, and I always thought it was such an old person thing to do. Sorry mom. Well, I never thought I'd buy shoes for the comfort level, but here I am. Being old. #32. Thankfully you don't have to sacrifice looks for comfort anymore. Every pair I own of this brand is comfy enough to walk around in all day. These come in three colors. I own the black, but I looove the brown. Plus, they are on sale.
Here are some other things I can't live without during the colder months:
*Coffee. Duh*
*Hand lotion. I love Korres or Vaseline brand*
*A good chunky knit throw for the couch*
*My husband. For snuggling purposes*
*Red wine, because momming is hard*
*CC beanies in every color*
*Nerdy fuzzy socks. Preferably ones with kittens on them*
*Ugly Uggs. I mean let's be real. They aren't cute. But they are warm. And necessary*
Edited to add: None of my links are linking up to Nordstrom's site. But you can find each item by searching on www.nordstrom.com. If you're into that kind of thing.




No comments:
Post a Comment